Unique crochet patterns from different parts of the world
Best free crochet pattern
Our site is a treasury of information on various crochet patterns.
For a few years we have gathered the best crochet patterns to make fantastic things for ourselves and for our family. Sometimes it was easy and fun, sometimes it was hard because people don't usually share the top designs.
A lot of the schemes on this site, we have created from the scratch. We would love to share a knowledge of creating new patterns with you either.
We managed to find a lot of old but awesome crochet designs in different printed books and magazines. So you will have a chance to download them from mycrochetpattern.com.
- For woman - Beautiful and elegant crocheted dresses, boleros or ponchos will make you stand out from the crowd. At our website, you will find the best crochet patterns, designs, and projects for women.
- For baby - Crocheting for the little ones is not just a hobby. Creating miniature things for your beloved baby is a real art. At mycrochetpattern you will find beautiful blankets and plaids, booties and hats, dresses and bodysuits.
- For man - Crochet projects look great on men too. Warm, cozy sweaters or thick, rough scarves will perfectly complete your look.
- For home - Decorate and embellish your home with mycrochetpattern.com. Our tutorial classes will teach you how to make napkins, poufs, coasters and much more for your home or apartment.
Crochet for beginner
Once you figure out the basics of crocheting, there would be no limit in creating your own beautiful dress or hats.
For the start in crocheting it is better to make a choice of simple and comprehensive pattern. When you will grab the skill of simple patterns it will be easier to master more complicated ones. In case you start with a more complicated pattern from the beginning it is easy to get disenchanted making mistakes on several levels.
Necessary to understand the legend (map symbols) – we will teach you how to read it in a section of “Crocheting for the beginners”.
How to crochet
What do I need to start crocheting? How do I crochet? How do I hold the hook? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in the section for beginners.
Our platform has the largest collection of stitches with step by step instruction and video tutorial. Learn to crochet with mycrochetpattern, and our master crocheters will help you with that.
Crocheting is so simple that you can do it with your children. It would be a great experience to crochet a scarf or sweater with your daughter.
Types of Crochet Techniques
All patterns are crocheted according to the scheme. Any pattern is a consecutive combination of techniques and elements that in the end create a complete picture as a design of the thread.
Our site can offer you a great variety of ancient and modern crochet patterns – from the simplest to the unbelievably complicated that call for skill in crocheting and scheme reading.
For the first years of crocheting it will be necessary to master such techniques as:
- Afghan - The Afghan crochetting technique allows you to create original patterns that are used for making blankets, shawls, carpets and pillows.
- Edgings - Edge patterns are widely used for decorating crocheted and not only garments and interiors.
- Filet - The filet crocheting technique allows you to make simple patterns using a net. With its help, various crocheted patterns can be created.
- Lace & openwork - Light and airy, with arches and spikelets, spiders and pineapples stiches - this is how we can describe openwork crochet. Follow our tutorials and create beautiful projects.
- Motif - Various motifs - square and triangular, round and floral, are collected on our platform. These patterns will perfectly turn into a beautiful blanket or an unusual beret.
- Tunisian - Tunisian crochet allows you to get a dense crocheted fabric that will not stretch when used and will serve you for a very long time.
- Irish lace - Unusual and beautiful Irish crochet patterns - roses, curls, leaves. Learn and crochet beautiful projects using the Irish crocheting technique.
The patterns can be colorful – those are made out of thread of various colors and hues, and textured – where the elements differ in density. Various techniques are used for texture elements – padded column, air loops, crochet down stepping one or two rows etc. As a result the thickness, density and volume of the thread vary and create a pattern.
MyCrochetPattern on social
About Our Free eNewsletters
Free crochet patterns and crafts projects every month in your inbox
Hooked on crochet Thanks to our Hooked on Crochet free newsletter, you will master the art of crochet, regardless of your skill level. Every time you open a Hooked on Crochet email, you will see breathtaking crochet photos, exciting projects, new reader questions and tips, stitch tutorials, and so much more!
Crochet pattern of the week
Want even more crochet patterns? Then our Crochet Pattern of the Week newsletter was created for you. You'll get a weekly newsletter with the pattern idea of the week, besides, we'll be sending you some other related projects to keep you crocheting new projects every week.
Subscribe to the newsletter