There is a very useful tool for crocheters made in Germany – plastic templates for creating pompoms.
At Mycrochetpattern you can find easy to understand tutorial on how to crochet this beautiful pattern, techniques used, necessary thread and hooks and video guide for this crochet pattern.
We even made a research to find the best deals of high quality yarn, hooks and other important materials and accessories on Amazon or Etsy. So you can start crocheting in no time.
The design of the product is as simple as can be, even a beginner crocheter can easily figure it out. For this process, you only need the templates themselves, the threads from which the fluffy decoration will be made, and scissors.
What is a pompom maker?
The templates are made of plastic and are divided into four types by diameter. Each type of product is painted in its own color depending on the diameter:
- 3.5 cm – green
- 5.5 cm – pink
- 7 cm – orange
- 9 cm – blue
To make a half pompom, take 2 elements of the tool, to create a full-fledged pom-pom, 4 elements should be connected.
- 4 size of balls
- easy to use
- very affordable
- comes in different colors
Crocheters note the durability and reliability of these plastic products.
How to use a pompom maker
It’s very easy to work with this maker.
- Pom pom maker
- Join the elements in pairs so that the protrusions look outward. One element should be with double protrusions, the other one, with single ones.
- Wind the thread on the joined parts in an even layer. It is desirable for the winding to be tight: you’ll get a lush and beautiful ball.
- After winding, join the tool together, insert single protrusions inside the double ones.
- After joining the tool together and checking the reliability of the threads fastening, perform the cutting. Cut the winding at the fold along the circumference with scissors.
- To fasten the cut threads, the thread should be pulled between the elements of the device, the resulting ball should be tightly tied with it. After that, pull the tool apart and remove it.
Here you have the pompom of the required diameter.
The threads will stick out unevenly, so you will have to trim the product so that it has the correct spherical shape. It is not worth cutting off the fastening thread; it is useful for attaching the jewelry to crocheted clothes.
Don’t forget to pin this post to your Pinterest board to keep it.
If you like this pattern and want to see more of them subscribe to our cozy Pinterest page. This way you don’t miss a single new pattern.